How you can help those affected by the recent hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes:
Catholic Charities agencies in south Texas and Florida are working to help those affected by the hurricanes in those areas. If you would like to help, you can:
- send a monetary donation to one of the local agencies directly
- send a monetary donation to Catholic Charities USA, which is helping in all areas
- send a monetary donation to Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Charities USA is coordinating the mobilization of staff of its member agencies around the country who are traveling to south Texas, Louisiana, and Florida to supplement the services of the affected agencies with additional counseling, case management and emergency response services.
The bishops of the United States have called for special collections to aid in Hurricane relief efforts. These donations are funneled through the National Office of Catholic Charities USA to be distributed as long term disaster recovery grants to agencies providing disaster recovery services.
If you would like to make a donation to the relief efforts, you have many options. You can donate to:
- CCUSA Long-term recovery efforts – helping with multiple hurricane relief efforts
- Catholic Charities of Central Texas
- Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi
- Catholic Charities of Galveston – Houston
- Catholic Charities of San Antonio
- Catholic Charities of Central Florida
- Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Venice
- Catholic Charities Diocese of St. Petersburg
- Catholic Charities Miami – collecting for Florida, Cuba, and the Caribbean
- Catholic Charities Bureau Diocese of St. Augustine
- Catholic Charities of the Virgin Islands
- Caritas de Puerto Rico
- Catholic Relief Services – helping with the earthquake in Mexico, Hurricane Relief in the Caribbean, as well as other emergencies around the world.