English as a Second Language (ESL)
English as a Second Language Classes
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes are offered to immigrants and refugees at a low cost of $40 per year. A limited number of scholarships are available.
- Classes focus on basic skills instruction covering topics such as shopping, housing, jobs, emergencies, community services, and many other issues dealing with everyday living.
- Classes are offered at the beginner, intermediate and high intermediate levels. Students are tested for their level at the time of registration. Referrals are made for those who are qualified for advanced or GED levels.
- Classes are offered September through May. Occasionally, summer classes are also available.
- Registration takes place the last two Sundays in August, but enrollment is open throughout the year.
- When classes are full, students are put on a waiting list and placed in a class when space is available. New classes may start during the year when needed.
Schedule of Classes
|Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church
2715 Pikes Peak Avenue
|Day: Mon. & Wed. 11:30 – 1:30
Night: Tues. & Thurs. 6:30 – 8:30
|St. Patrick’s Catholic Church
6455 Brook Park Drive
|Day: Tues. & Thurs. 11:30 – 1:30|