Mini-grants available for parish ministry! Apply for support of up to $2,500 for helping our vulnerable brothers and sisters at the parish level through parish programming. Applications are due April 30, 2018. For more information, email Parish Ministry Coordinator, Leilani Foronda, at email@example.com.
Summary: Grants of $500.00 – $2,500.00 shall be awarded to projects that serve the poor and vulnerable in the Diocese of Colorado Springs.
Purpose: Catholic Charities recognizes parishes and other parts of the community are ministering to the vulnerable all the time. These funds will provide financial support for that work where needed, and to engage the larger community, with special emphasis on parish communities, in the work of lifting up the poor and vulnerable in the Diocese of Colorado Springs.
Funding Priority: Projects that involve the parish community in encountering and bringing dignity to our economically poor and vulnerable people in a direct way. These funds can be used as start-up money for such ministry.
Examples of projects that fit this priority are:
- Ministry to the elderly, disabled, sick, or homebound (funds could be used for training, to defer start-up costs for a program such as Stephen Ministries or Befriender’s)
- Food and/or clothing distribution (funds could be used to obtain new shelving, refrigeration, or other facility upgrade)
- English as a Second Language classes materials or equipment
- Emergency funds
- Projects must be affiliated with a parish or 501(c)(3) organization
- Where involving the parish, pastor approval must be sought
- Recipients must be willing to track the number of people helped with the ministry
Where appropriate, Catholic Charities of Central Colorado may ask the grantee to seek technical advice from an appropriate source, such as the Community & Parish Engagement and/or Hanifen Center Programs offices.
Reporting Requirements and Due Date:
Recipients will be required to report six-month outcomes utilizing grant dollars for the period of June 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018. Reports should be submitted no later than January 15, 2019.
Deadline for submission of application:
Grant application submissions are due by April 30, 2018_to be considered for funding for May 15, 2018_.